The Reporter was the first and for many years the only local newspaper, and covered a wide area, including further eastern suburbs. The years from 1889 to 1918 were digitized some years ago and are available for viewing on the National Library’s website Trove. The historical society’s original copies from 1919 to 1930 developed mould in 2019 and, for occupational health and safety reasons, could not be used any more. The cost to digitize the papers for this later period, using microfilms held by the State Library, was nearly $8,000. The Whitehorse Council provided a funding grant for half the period, and the Society, by conducting a number of fundraising activities, raised the balance. Copies of The Reporter to 1930 are now available for viewing on Trove.